Finding drug rehab in Salt Lake City can be a daunting task. There are quite a few addiction treatment facilities in the area all offering very different programs and treatment modalities. There are many different types of treatment including; residential inpatient, PHP, intensive outpatient and sober living. The facility that your choose should offer all of the above, providing a complete continuum of care from start to finish. You should never be afraid to ask any questions you have when considering addiction treatment for yourself or a loved one. Here are a few questions you can ask to find an effective drug rehab in Salt Lake City and receive the best care specific to your addiction and mental health needs.
- What is the drug rehab’s approach to care? Do they have studies or white papers that measure their outcomes or effectiveness of addiction treatment?If a drug rehab program in Utah boasts perfect success rates, be weary. Especially if they cannot provide data and metrics to back-up their claims..
- Do they treat drug addiction in a holistic environment? It’s important to find a drug rehab facility that treats patients on a psychological, physical, and a spiritual level. Addiction rehab is not “one-size-fits-all” and each experience should be unique to the needs of the patient. Holistic addiction treatment is very important for long term sobriety.
- Does the drug rehab center treat co-occurring disorders with dual diagnosis treatment? It’s important to find a facility that can treat patients mental health issues, as well as the associated addiction.
- Are they accredited and state licensed? One of the hallmarks of quality drug rehab in Salt Lake City is JCAHO or NAATP accreditation. These organizations have extremely stringent and ethical guidelines that set the national standards for substance abuse and addiction treatment.
- Are the staff highly trained and qualified? It is important to look at the credentials of the staff and make sure they are properly trained to provide effective addiction treatment.
- Does the drug rehab provide 24/7 nursing staff? This is extremely important, especially if you have severe withdrawal symptoms, mental health issues, or suffer from other physical-health issues that would require monitoring.
- What is the counselor to patient ratio? This ensures that you receive the quality care and attention you need to maintain your sobriety.
- Can you tour the facility before hand? Rehabilitation facilities should allow you to come in and see where you will be spending your time. The accommodations of a modern addiction treatment facility should be inviting, hospitable and clean
- Does the drug rehab facility provide medically supervised detox? Detoxing from drugs and other substances can be dangerous and any facility being considered should offer a supervised detox period.
- Will the drug rehab provide life skills through occupations therapy? Sometimes, addiction and mental health issues can cause people to miss out on learning how to complete every day tasks. Effective drug rehabs in Utah should offer occupational therapy and teach patients how to assimilate back into society and stress-free manor.
- Does the drug rehab offer nutritional and or fitness elements in their addiction treatment program? Addiction and substance abuse can cause many different health issues including anemia, vitamin deficiencies and brain issues. The benefits of nutritional and fitness elements in an addiction treatment program are limitless.
- Will you have support after treatment ends?One of the biggest aides in maintaining sobriety after treatment is finding ongoing support. Look for facilities that offer aftercare or alumni programs that allow you to find new sober activities and support systems. Using this extended care can be the difference between relapse and sobriety.
Looking for addiction help in Salt Lake City?
If you or your loved one is in need of addiction treatment in Salt Lake City, Utah, the staff at Recovery Ways can help. Our admissions counselors can help review your benefits and find out if insurance will cover any costs associated with drug rehab. For more information contact us here.